Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Now you see me

Okay, as of today, I wouldn't consider myself an expert, though the subtitle of my blog says it's about how I am transforming into a "badass fitness expert".  But I believe that you can't become something unless you see yourself there first.  In a year from now, I intend to have a base of several personal training clients, along with an early morning bootcamp group.
I would consider myself skilled, but not where I want to be.  That'll come with time and additional training.  For now, I'm gearing up for the future, working with a trainer, training myself, training a couple others, learning more about diet and nutrition, and trying to make this goal a reality.

I find myself eating, breathing, living and even sleeping fitness.  If I put this much effort into cleaning my home, it would be immaculate.  Too bad my body and home take time and dedicated effort to keep clean and tidy.  I'm trying to find a healthy balance between training (myself and others) and household and family duties, and so far, both body and home are in good shape.  Neither is excellent, but neither are in dire need of an overhaul.  Also, my little ones are well cared for, and I try to maintain enough energy for my husband when he comes home.

One major reason for this lifestyle is that I'm alone a lot.  My husband has been working an average of 75 hours per week for the past many, many months, and I'm raising the little ones on my own most of the time.  He's a wonderful daddy when he's home, and his goal is to be an expert in his field so that he can land a position with more family flexibility.  But for now, I have found an arena where I can express my inner badass, including competitiveness, energy, focus and strength, and child care is available and affordable.

Let's see what happens in a year from now.  I hope both my husband and I achieve our goals, and we have more time and energy as a family to live life to the fullest -- together.  It's going to be an interesting year as we move toward a more stable future.  We are doing our best to embrace the struggle, define ourselves by our accomplishments and positive attitudes, and trust God about the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment