Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My grandma thinks I'm hot

At least my 86 year-old grandma thinks I'm hot.  I'm sure my husband does, too, but he's so tired from working 75+ hours per week that he's dizzy and blurry-eyed when he gets home.  Plus, we've been married so long that he says he doesn't care what I look like -- he's in love with me more and more every day.

That's all well and good, but a girl just needs to feel "hot" every once in a while (and not only in the "heat of the moment").  Holler, Ladies! 

At lunch today, my grandma, who speaks broken English and doesn't carry on much of a conversation asked me if I had lost more weight.  I was with my mom, too, and I didn't want to make it sound like I was trying to lose more weight (just in case she thought I was becoming a fanatic).  So, I just shrugged and said, "I guess". 

Then my grandma said, "Well, I think you look sexy."  My mom shot her a look that said, "This is highly inappropriate," but somehow it made me feel a little better.

I thought someone out there in cyberspace might just find that little tete a tete as hilarious as I'm finding it right now.  I mean, I must be hard up for compliments at the moment if my confidence is boosted by her, of all people.

This is the plight of this sort-of-lonely, yet very loved, housewife who is proud of herself and her body (especially after having lost so much weight): keeping a lower profile, yet still wanting some satisfaction.  That is when I just have to remember why I'm doing all of this -- forget everyone else and what they think/say; I'm trying to prove to myself that I can rise above the fear and the pain and imperfections, so that when another painful or difficult situation comes I know I can make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment