Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ummmm....

So, I did my first workout at the new gym, and I felt so insecure.  Even people who look confident on the outside can be very insecure and overwhelmed on the inside, believe me.  I knew I would feel this way, so I wore my "Little Miss Bad" t-shirt, black lifting gloves and baseball cap to help me feel better.  I may have looked badass, but I felt very lost.

Luckily, I was met by a familiar face, my friend who I used to chat with at the other gym.  He gave me a warm hug and told me that he, too, "wasn't feelin' it" today.  We exchanged encouragement, he showed me some new machines, and away we both went on our own workouts.

I'm happy to have had that experience today (and most likely for the next few times I go there).  It reminded me that I chose to step out of my comfort zone to push myself emotionally and physically.  As I was told a week ago, I'm "one of the big boys now", so I need to let go of my security blanket.  Today, I let it go somewhere between the warm hug from my friend and 5 sets of 10 on a machine I have never seen before in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment