Thursday, September 6, 2012

Nice legs!

I went to the beach for Labor Day weekend with my girls and hubby.  It was a wonderful and tiring time for all of us: an overworked husband, a sore mommy (I overdid it at the gym in preparation for a weekend of eating out), and a 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old in a new environment for 3 days.  We were all happy to get out of the hot Valley, but it took a lot of work to make it manageable and fun.

Nonetheless, we went to the beach and pool a few times, and we seemed to all enjoy some fun in the sun, including my belly, which hasn't seen the light of day in years.  I've either been pregnant or had a post-pregnancy belly for over 4 years now, which includes stretch marks that are too horrific for words (I'm not kidding, they're as bad as they can get).  Regardless, I donned a two-piece at the beach, and I felt like everyone was staring.

No one was staring, except me ... at this woman who was probably 7 years older than me and who looked amazing.  On the top half of her body, I'd say we were pretty much equal (toned arms and back, small, but perky chests, a moderately-defined four-pack).  But her bottom half was exquisite.  She looked like she had gone to great lengths to get her legs as well toned as they were.

I told my friend about her legs, and I think for a second, accusations of lesbianism came to mind.  But I couldn't resist explaining how incredible her legs were.  They were just about as short as mine (I'm only almost 5' 3"), but they sure looked longer than I perceive mine to look.  They were shapely in all the right places, but not bulky.

All that to say, I have a renewed goal to get to an even better place on my lower body, and I also know that I want to keep it up well into my forties.  I have seen in person that it's do-able.  It wasn't easy, I'm sure, but do-able.

And maybe I'll figure out how to laser those stretch marks away.  Or not.  Maybe if I had a beach bod like that I wouldn't worry about hundreds of silvery stretch marks.  Only time, hard work on my lower body, eating right (and possibly a bit more tanning) will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment