Thursday, September 20, 2012

Free bootcamp anyone?

Apparently, the idea of a free bootcamp isn't as exciting to some people as it is to me.  I was at a playdate with my girlfriends and our kids, and both moms had just had babies 4 months ago.  They were asking me all sorts of questions about where I work out and how often I do it, and they each said they'd like to work on getting back into shape.  So, I offered to do a free bootcamp once a week in the back yard, and the conversation went silent from that point on.

It's sad to me that these moms are reluctant to put in the work to get what they truly want, especially since I was offering help for free.  I wasn't shoving it in their faces, either.  I simply said that I have to do my own workout, so I can do it with them and tailor it to their needs/abilities.

We finished our playdate, and once again I offered to help them get back on the road to getting fit again.  They each made comments like, "I just need to be able to squeeze into my work clothes again in a couple of months. I'll be fine, I'm sure."  I hope it wasn't because they just didn't want me helping them, but that they're truly not ready to put in the effort (I get that -- new babies and all).  I'll just see if they bring it up again at the next playdate and take it from there. 

You can lead a horse to water...

No comments:

Post a Comment