Friday, September 14, 2012

Buy a size smaller

Feeling good about my weight loss and body shape these days, I decided to buy some jeans for the Fall.  I was pleased with the size that fit.  Nevertheless, I still bought a size smaller than the perfect fit.  Not because I wanted them to be tight, but because I want to push myself to continue to shed and tone in certain spots that the smaller size pointed out (waist and thighs).

If anyone's reading this post, I want encourage you to buy one size smaller than the best fit now (unless you're in absolutely perfect shape).  Make sure you're a bit uncomfortable, especially in workout clothes -- don't be afraid of elastic lines.  It won't be a waste of money, unless you never lose weight and keep them hidden in your closet.  Also, don't throw out/give away all of your "skinny" clothes.  Aspire to and work toward at least getting them all the way on (even if you have to suck it in to button up).

I lost 60 pounds, and I'm still losing and toning.  My body is taking on a different shape every few months.  It doesn't stop me from buying something that I know will look great in the future.  Small goals equal big results, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment