Thursday, September 13, 2012

Jillian Michaels has come to join us.

It was girls' night out, and I showed up a little bit late.  I hadn't seen some of these girls all summer, and I wasn't sure the reaction I would get when I arrived -- I've become even more fit, and I was wearing an outfit that modestly showed that off.  Many of the other ladies had maintained, or possibly gained, over the summer.

Well, take it however you will (I take it as a compliment), when I walked in, one of my best friends said, "Oh look, Jillian Michaels has come to join us."  I'm definitely nowhere near her fitness or expertise level, but I'm happy to be compared with someone who has a great reputation in the fitness world. 

I saw Ms. Michaels in a restaurant in Downtown L.A. about 8 months ago, and she's teeny tiny; maybe 5 feet tall and probably 95 pounds of pure muscle.  I'm glad I'm not as petite as she is, but I'd definitely like to be as lean.  I'm getting there, and I won't stop until I'm satisfied... and even then, I want to maintain it for years to come.

I hope soon my friends will see me as a personal trainer who they want to enlist to help them get in better shape/health.  For now, I'll just be an example: no appetizers, cocktail and cheesecake after 9 p.m., just water with lemon and a lot of laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment