Tuesday, December 4, 2012

An inspiration

Hi cyberbuddies.  I just attended my first competition on Saturday night, and what a whirlwind it was for me!  I sat amongst about 500 fans, anxiously awaiting the category that I thought I should try to compete in in April.  Six hours later, I found it: Women's Figure.  It's like a lightweight bodybuilding category.  It's more serious, in my opinion, than the Bikini competition, but then again, those ladies are probably just as dedicated to fitness as I am currently. 

All I know is that I need to step it up a notch to compete in Figure and possibly move up to Bodybuilding after that.  Whichever category, I know I have to pack on more muscle, lose more body fat, and learn the poses for this sport.  It will be quite a challenge, and I'm excited!

Being at the competition was a great experience, but an even more profound experience was being in the gym the next day and having a girl come up to me and tell me that I am an inspiration of fitness to her.  I was able to tell her about my journey and thank God for the time, genetics, and supportive husband and children I have to be able to accomplish so much in a relatively short amount of time.  I hope to inspire and encourage many others and always remember that others are watching my attitude and actions in the gym, park or wherever I train.

This week, I'm focusing on balance of my time before I enter my serious 12-week competition training.  I need to enjoy the Christmas season with my family, exhibit the Christmas spirit of joy, peace, love and hope, and continue to try to exceed my expectations of myself in all facets of my life.  If I'm not growing, I'm not really living.

No comments:

Post a Comment