Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Laying it all out there

Wow! I just started training.  I thought I would begin in January, but my coach wanted to get started sooner to give me an even better chance to do really well.  I appreciate that, but man-oh-man is it rough during this season:  I have only a few Christmas gifts wrapped, I still have a lot of little gifts to get for friends and childcare workers, there are parties galore with goodies to ignore, and my little ones are too excited these days to take their much-needed naps (I need them to nap as much as they need it for their development).

I'm eating 6 meals a day.  Yes, meals.  These aren't snacks.  They are roughly 400 calories or more of protein, fiber, some carbs, and not a whole lot more.  They are fresh and generally tasty, but I'm spending a lot of time preparing and shopping for them.  I think it will be easier to follow, once I get the hang of it and prepare more than one portion at a time.

Also, the lifting is harder than I've done before.  I just learned that it is "hypertrophic", which means a lot of reps and supersets at pretty high weight.  Oh boy do my muscles burn!  Then, there's the cardio.  I don't think I've sweat this much since my first boxing bootcamp class.  I'm not complaining.  I actually think it will be awesome.  It's just new, and it's quite a challenge.

Many thanks to all of my friends and cheerleaders at my gyms.  I can't do it without you!


No comments:

Post a Comment