Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's not vanity

Recently, someone very close to me accused me of becoming vain and changing as a person because I have increased my fitness goals.  I just wanted to make it clear to anyone who is reading this blog that it's not vanity that compels me keep on pushing myself to new heights in this field... and others who are very close to me disagree with my accuser.

I hope you've heard my heart over these past several months, and I hope you have understood my path: it started as a necessity to lose weight, became a hobby, then became a new passion and career.  I'm sharing what I'm learning with everyone who wants or needs to learn more about fitness, and their lives are changing, as is mine.

Just because I want to earn a trophy for my hard work doesn't make me obsessed. 
Yes, I think about my upcoming competition all the time.  That doesn't make me obsessed.  It makes me competitive and excited.  Now that I've made my decision, I'm sure I'll move toward a more healthy routine and thought process. 

In the meantime, before things settle down, I just want to make it clear that my motivation is not vanity.  It's so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment