Monday, November 26, 2012

What are you training for again?

Last time I posted with the title, "What are you training for," my answer was "life".  I didn't have an agenda.  Somewhere in between that post and now, I've decided that I NEED an agenda to keep me motivated to be the athlete that I want to be.

In the gym this morning, my buddy, who is always an encouragement, asked me how I stay motivated.  He has gained some weight recently, and he needs to stay slimmer for his career on the small screen.  I told him that I have decided to train for a figure competition -- yes, body building.  He said if a 35 year-old mom of two (he added, "a hot one") could compete by April, he could drop 20 pounds by then.  We have a challenge now!

I've already gained a lot of new muscle and leaned down the fat, and now I want to keep going.  I don't plan on adding too much more muscle.  I just plan on being a bit more cut on my lower body.  I hope to be ready for an amateur competition in April 2013.  I am getting a coach, who has won the top prize for her class 3 years running, and she looks awesome.  I can't wait to get started on her plan, but for now I'm going strong on my own.

Wish me luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment