Monday, October 21, 2013

Oh Yes I DID!

I went on vacation for a week and worked out and/or carefully watched my nutrition every day.  I have no regrets, and I actually dropped body fat!

I went with my husband and little girls to New York (stayed in Times Square) 3 weeks away from my next competition. I was nervous about booking this trip because I thought I would be too tempted to splurge or not have a good time because I was worried about my food.  It was the only time we could go together as a family, so we booked it, and I prepared myself.

Here's how I got through... I brought protein bars (no sugar, low-fat), drank a lot of water, planned my workouts and didn't compromise (except once -- when we were awoken early in the morning by a fire alarm and didn't get back to sleep, I didn't work out later that morning), ate veggies whenever I could.  I stayed in touch with my trainer and accountability friends.

Early morning lifting
Afternoon City Schlepping

No comments:

Post a Comment