Thursday, August 15, 2013

Want to Lift and Tone Your Booty?

If you want to lift and tone your booty, then follow these simple (but hard) rules:

#1: Get a personal trainer to push you harder than you thought you could push on your own.  I have my own trainer, even though I am a trainer to others.  My trainer reinforces how strong I am, while still keeping me safe by checking my positioning.

#2: Work your glutes, hamstrings and lower back with moderate to heavy weight, not only body weight exercises.  Sometimes, you need to just do treadmill at a steep incline or stairs for about 25 - 35 minutes to get your cardio and your legs strengthened.  However, you also often need to tear your muscles apart with heavy weights, so you can rebuild dense, strong, lean muscle fibers.

3#:  Be proud of your progress.  Nothing helps motivate better than being proud of yourself and being aware of your progress.  Ask your trainer to take regular measurements of your abdomen, hips and thighs to accurately measure your progress.  The scale doesn't tell the whole story.  Also, take progress pictures and other pictures in your "skinny jeans" to remind yourself of where you are and/or where you want to be.

Here's an uplifting exercise I did today with Ricardo: long bar + 45 pound plates on each side, stiff-leg deads on the bosu with him pulling me back to add resistance on the back side.  This picture only has 10-pound plates, but I did a set of 15, so Ricardo upped the ante to 25 plates, then 45s.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment