Saturday, January 12, 2013

It pays to be nice!

I introduce myself to someone new and commit their name to memory about 2 times a day now.  I do this mainly at my gym (Crunch Burbank is my main gym now).  It's a way to know I'm being held accountable -- the more people who know me there, at least by face, and the more names I know, the more I feel like I'm being kept on track.  I'm sure few people care how much muscle I'm building each week, but they know I'm consistent and I'm friendly and a hard worker.

One lady, who has had years of exercise/fitness experience, gave me some tips on where to buy supplements.  I saved a bundle of money by following her advice, and I got good quality stuff.  So, it pays to be nice, literally and figuratively.

So far, I'd say I have never walked into the gym without knowing at least 15 people's names within the specific area I'm training.  I think that's pretty amazing, considering the stigma that some gyms have.  These are all real people underneath their muscles or flab.  I'm the real me, and I want everyone to know exactly who's sweating next to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment