Friday, April 11, 2014

Back to Business

I'm back to training heavy again and even learning some new tricks of the trade.  After 4 1/2 months of routine oral surgeries and dental appointments, I'm finally pain-free and have my strength back.  Today, I was super pumped after my workout, and I even had trouble carrying my little one out of the gym.  It was a good feeling to know that I was back to the good old days of training, but 2 hours later it was time for Advil.

I thought I'd show off my striations because they were gone for a while, but they've come back in just three weeks of eating right, training right and stretching appropriately.  I think muscle memory is so cool.  Muscle memory is a physiological blueprint for rebuilding muscles.   Muscle memory stems from your body's learning not just how to perform a task, but also how to break down muscle tissue and then repair and rebuild it. That physiological "knowledge", stored in the neuronal pathways between brain, spinal column and muscles, lets you come back from injury, surgery and even pregnancy faster, easier, and often better than before.


No comments:

Post a Comment